Donations & Support

The Markay Cultural Arts Center, which houses the Markay Theater and Gallery, is a regional non-profit entity, running under the direction of the Southern Hills Arts Council (SHAC), presenting performance and visual arts throughout the year for the benefit of Jackson County residents and residents throughout our region. The Southern Hills Arts Council is a non-profit organization, that depends on the contributions of individuals and businesses in order to meet our financial needs.markay-playbill_ad_sizes

Ticket sales only cover about 40% of our operating costs; therefore, the remaining 60% must come from contributors in order for us to continue to keep our doors open and offer you the best performances that we can afford. In other words, the more contributors we have, the better choices we have to bring you the kind of performances you want to see. Your contributions also support the various classes and activities that SHAC provides throughout the year.

All contributions are tax-deductible. We accept contributions at any level. Please consider joining our list of contributors to keep the Markay a living part of our community for years to come. Friends of the Markay Contribution Opportunities
Semarang Markay Playbill Advertising
Markay Performance Sponsorship Opportunities

Other Ways to Give

Through Our Website

You can make a donation securely through our website, designating the Annual Fund, a Theatre Event, or a Memorial Contribution.

By Mail

Check Donations may be sent to:
Southern Hills Arts Council
P.O. Box 149
Jackson, OH 45640

By Telephone

Please call the Southern Hills Arts Council at 740.286.6355 or the Walnut Hills Neighborhood Box Office at 740.577.3841 to make a donation by phone.

When You Order Tickets

The staff at the Markay Cultural Arts Center can take donations when you make your order over the phone, in person, or online. Just tell us how much to add to your order.

Become a Southern Hills Arts Council Member

Becoming a SHAC member entitles you to a discount for general admission to Markay performances, as well as discounts on SHAC classes. Find out more and apply online at the Southern Hills Arts Councils website.

AmazonSmiles Program

You can donate to SHAC if you shop online at through the AmazonSmile program. Shop Now!