Veterans Art ShowFree
• On display October 27 through November 12 •
The Southern Hills Arts Council is inviting Jackson County Veterans to submit their art for exhibition in the Markay Cultural Arts Center’s Gallery from October 27 to November 12, 2017.
The art will be the featured on exhibition in the Veterans Art Show from October 27, with an opening reception at 7:00 p.m., to Nov. 12, 2017, at the Markay Cultural Arts Center, 269 E. Main St., Jackson.
Normal Gallery hours are Wednesday to Friday 12 to 5 p.m. and on weekends 1 to 3 p.m. The Gallery is also open during performances in the theatre.
All artwork must be no larger than 36 inches x 36 inches, including the frame, and can weight no more than 15 lbs. The art must be ready to hang upon arrival. The artwork should be original in design, concept, and execution. No art work with nudity will be accepted.
Acceptable media include:
• Paintings: oil, acrylics, watercolors
• Drawings: pastels, colored pencil, pencil, charcoal, ink, markers
• Prints: lithographs, silkscreen, block prints
• Mixed media: use of more than two media such as pencil, ink, watercolor
• Computer-generated art
• Sculpture: clay, wood, ceramics or metal.
Artists have the opportunity to sell their work to the public during this show.
There is no cost to participate, however advanced registration is required before October 1, with art drop off set for October 23 from noon to 5 p.m.
To participate contact the Southern Hills Arts Council, by calling 740-286-6355 or via email: email@example.com.